Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 7

A picture of your most treasured item.


When I was in high school we did a thing every football season where the girls "adopted" the football players. A girl would pick one of the football players, only one girl per boy, and during the adoption week, she'd leave little gifts in his locker or at the office for him. My senior year there was sweet player named Billy, that was a year or two my junior, that I decided to make my boy for the week. One day I left athletic tape and other football must haves in his locker, I made him cupcakes decorated in our school colors, red and gray. On the last day, Friday, we were supposed to reveal to the boys who his sweetheart was. On that day, I had red and gray balloons, a lot of them, delivered to the office for him to pick up at the end of the day, along with a note revealing my identity. I don't think Billy ever guessed it was me that week, cause when he saw me in the trainers office, I managed the football team all through high school, he had a huge smile on his face, pointed to me and yelled "YOU!!" He gave me a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek and told me how much he loved his gifts. The football game started, and I didn't see Billy again until a few nights later until he showed up at my parent's front door with flowers and that little teddy bear. I don't know how he found out where I lived but I was so surprised and happy, I think I cried a little LOL. Anyway, I've kept this little bear safe ever since :-) Isn't that a sweet story?



No comments:

Post a Comment