Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 5

A picture of your favorite memory.

This one is really hard for me because I always forget to take pictures! I'm terrible at it actually! I was in Florida back in January visiting my best friend for the birth of my godson, and I didn't get one picture of her and I together, LAME! So, I'm going to share a video. As I mentioned earlier, I flew to Florida in January for the birth of my godson Ellison. I got in three days before Jennifer's due date and since Jenn had no signs of Eli was going to come anytime soon, Jenn, her mom Deb, and I were on a mission to make sure Eli came while Deb and I were on hand for the action. We looked online for every "natural" way to jump start labor. Jennifer is in the Navy (so proud of her) so she gets more than her fair share of exercise, not to mention that she lives two flights up, so the walk-him-out option wasn't going to help. Jennifer is a single mom, so the what-got-him-in-will-get-him-out thing wasn't an option either, though we did think, jokingly, about walking into a bar and asking if there were any takers LOL. Many hours later, we decided to go down the black and blue cohosh with raspberry tea path. Poor Jennifer. The web said that we had to use the liquid stuff. So take a look at this video, and see for yourself why it's one of my favorite memories.



 
ps. that icky stuff didn't work! Jenn ended up being induced on her due date and we welcomed Ellison Ray the day after, on January 19th, 2011. I love that boy, and his mama, so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment