Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Bath and Beauty Favs

When the sun comes out and it starts to get hotter and hotter ouside, I find that I like to use bath and beauty products that are very light, not only in the feel but in the smell too. I thought that it might be kind of fun to share some of my favorite summer products, though there are some of them that I like to use all year long.

   
Aspirin
                                                     
It's not just for hangovers! I use this when I get a little too much sun. Crush up a few tablets and mix with a little water until it makes a paste and apply it to your sunburn for a few minutes then rinse off with cool water. It helps relieve the pain and helps it to heal faster. It also helps to heal pimples, just put the paste on a blemish for two minutes then rinse with cool water, it really works!


St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash
 
I LOVE this stuff! I just discovered it and I LOVE it! It's super moisturizing but oh so light, it has a yummy honey scent, and lathers up like a dream. And best of all, it's so cheap! A huge bottle was only 3 dollars at Target! What a great deal! Another great thing about this product is that St. Ives doesn't test it's products on animals.



Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash
I've been using this product for a few years actually and I still love it and use it every day. That's saying alot cause I tend to fall out of love with beauty products pretty quick. This face wash is creamy white in color and has very little scent, if any. The texture of the exfoliating beads is like very fine sand, that's one of the main reasons I love it. Most other products have huge chunks of stuff and I really don't feel like they do a very good job of getting the dead skin cells off. The one down side is that this product is kinda spendy. It's about 36 dollars for 18oz. I buy two at a time, one for the sink and one for the shower but it lasts a really long time so I only have to buy it about every six months. I really love it :)

Jergens Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer
I use this stuff year round, I love it! It goes on very light and absorbes into the skin super fast, so you don't have that heavy, greasy feeling when you're already too hot! Who likes that feeling?!? The smell is also nice and light, nothing heavy at all, it reminds me of the way the baby wipes smell, just fresh and clean.



What are your favorite summer products?


1 comment:

  1. Avon Skin So Soft oil spray.. A must when the mosquitoes are out and about!

    ReplyDelete